About Me

My photo
Emily Jo Lynn. Eighteen years of age. Member of The Church of God. I love the Lord with my whole heart. I can solve a rubiks cube in less than 2 minutes. [pretty fast for a white kid.] I can touch my tongue with my nose. I can wiggle my ears. I'm not very good at blogging often.

Friday, April 29, 2011

First day.

My boss tells me not to talk about work negatively on social networks.

This isn't a social network, and only very few people read this.


So a few notes directed toward you, the orderer:
Don't get frustrated when the person taking your order is asking 1,000,000 questions. Believe me. If you don't have everything on that stinking screen right (even down to how many sauces they want), the screen that lets you pay will not pop up.

Order loudly, speak clearly and slowly. The restaurant a few feet behind the person taking your order is louder than a dog pound. Do not go a million miles a minute when asking for no pickle, extra mayo, big mac sauce, no lettuce, light onion, oh, and a tomato. No, no, no, wait. No mustard or ketchup either.

if you order two cheeseburgers, don't ask for no cheese. and if for some reason you actually do this, don't come back up to the counter fussing that you said two cheeseburgers with no cheese.

if you have a family of four-thousand, don't stand there and talk about someone who just (JUST) started working there for forgetting ONE drink. Heaven forbid you take a dollar and a dime out of your pocket after just swiping your card.

and lastly, be patient. Especially when it's clear someone has a trainer by their side.



now.
a few other things about the first day.
the store manager is my favorite. as soon as I get out there to start working, he excitedly said "It's Emily Lynn!" Easily put me in a good mood to start work.
the (cute) fella on front counter alongside myself was adorable. And super helpful. and teased me when I got down about ruh-ooood people.
my favorite part is spraying and wiping the trays.
I don't smell like a sweaty hamburger, though it did get a little warm in there at one point, and I did serve 93,837,483,943,984,39 hamburgers.
Crew meals are my least favorite. Special thanks to Sean (cute front counter fella) for taking all those.
Biggest plus: everyone I worked with that was super speedy and knew everything had only been there two weeks. So if I can get through the world class failure stage the first few days, I'll be alright.

No comments: